- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green asparagus, bottoms trimmed, diced (If the asparagus has thick stalks, the ends may need to be peeled to prevent them from being too tough.)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 scallions, diced
- 2 ounces of fresh basil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey may be needed
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Use a paring knife to take the kernels off of the ears of corn and put them into a glass or ceramic casserole dish so that there is a thin layer of kernels covering the bottom. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Add the prepared garlic, asparagus, and bell pepper. Stir the kernels well and roast for another 15 minutes or until the pepper is softened and the asparagus is cooked through.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and roast for another 5 minutes or until the tomato skins start to shrivel.
- Stir the scallions into the hot mixture so that they turn bright green. Chiffonade the basil by stacking the leaves on your cutting board with a large leaf on the bottom of the stack. Roll the leaves horizontally and cut very thin slices from the roll. Stir the basil into the corn mixture.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and lime juice. Honey may be needed to sweeten the mix slightly when the corn is not in season. Serve hot as a side dish or cold as a relish.