This is one of my clients’ favorite recipes. It is great because you can vary the vegetables to change the flavor. Try serving this soup with the Country Cornbread.
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- ½ small white onion, rough chopped
- 1 celery stalk, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- chicken stock to thin
- ½ zucchini, sliced in half and sliced thin
- ½ yellow squash, sliced in half and sliced thin
- 1 portobello mushroom fine diced
- To Taste salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, dried or fresh herbs
- In one tablespoon of olive oil, brown the diced chicken pieces in large soup pot. Add zucchini, squash, and mushroom and sauté until soft. Remove from pot.
- Add more olive oil if necessary. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until translucent. Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes, bring to simmer.
- Puree the tomato mixture with hand blender until smooth, adding chicken stock if necessary to thin.
- Add chicken, zucchini, squash, and mushroom and bring to a boil.
- Season and cool. This soup is great when served with Country Cornbread. Come back next week for the recipe!